I used the colors from the Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper which coordinates well with the Metallic Baker's Twine and Sequins combo pack available FREE during Sale-A-Bration. The colors aren't technically the same, but they could be! That's how well they match.
The layering of Whisper White on Whisper White adds that little extra touch to take this card from basic to elegant.
For the diagonal cut on the DSP, I simply took a piece of the ice cream DSP that was 4 1/4" x 5" then I sliced off the end at a diagonal that looked good. I then laid 1/4" strips along the angle cut and trimmed the sides to create the stripes at the bottom.
This Bonanza Buddies stamp set is so much fun and has so many possibilities, that I'm sure you'll see a couple more blog posts focused on different ways to use it in the coming weeks!
I just can't stop playing with the plaids from the Country Club Designer Series Paper! Today, I paired them with the Broadway Birthday stamp set and the Broadway Lights dies. I pulled the colors from the paper to use for the cardstock and ink: Crushed Curry, Poppy Parade, Garden Green, and Basic Black. The colors and the plaids make great gender-neutral birthday cards.
I'm so excited to be participating in the Stampin' Friends Blog Hop this year! Our first hop of 2020 is a Birthday Bash. All of the bloggers have created some amazing projects to share with you that are perfect for celebrating birthdays. I hope you'll click through and check them all out! The next blogger on the hop is Maureen Rauchfuss. So, when you're done here, hop over to her blog to see the projects she's created!
Isn't that super fun?!? I love the excitement of sliding out the box bottom and having the four interior boxes pop out everywhere! It's a great way to add a little pizzazz to giving a gift card or a birthday message. I found this neat project in a blog post by Krystal of Red Hot Stampers. I have rewritten and adapted parts of her tutorial, but you might want to jump over there and see her take on it.
I've decorated my box with the Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper from the January - June 2020 Mini Catalog and the Here's a Card stamp set. On the inside of the box bottom, I used the Broadway Birthday stamp set. The cardstock is Mango Melody and Bermuda Bay. I used these same colors for the ink as well as Terracotta Tile and Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
There are three parts to this project: The box bottom, the band that goes around the box bottom, and the four pop-out boxes.
5. Cut the corners out like the picture above. The solid blue lines are the cut lines. The dotted green lines are fold lines that you have already scored.
6. You will notice there are dotted blue lines that create triangles inside the triangular shapes at the sides. You will need to score these. I find the middle of the diagonal line and then score from that point to the opposite corner of the triangle.
10. Twist the rubber band and slide it over the other side and into the accordion groove. Then, adhere the two sides of the triangles on that side.
11. Finally, adhere the flap on the end to close the box.
12. Decorate the outside of the boxes as you wish. I used the Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper from the January - June 2020 Mini Catalog.
13. Collapse the pop-out boxes by pinching the sides and close them inside the slide-out box bottom and sleeve.
14. Give to a friend and wait for the surprise!
I hope you've enjoyed this box project and card as much as I do! Thanks for visiting the blog today and make sure to go take a look at all the projects on this month's hop!
1. Rachel Rife
2. Kim Lamos
3. Teri Pocock
4. Cheryl Taylor
5. Jo Blackman
6. Steph Jandrow
7. Katja Ettig
8. Lisa Ann Bernard
9. Kim Quade
10. Heidi Collins <-- You Are Here!
11. Maureen Rauchfuss
12. Jean Bolen Beaulieu
13. Anne Marie Hile
14. Barbara Welch
15. Melissa Thomas
16. Sue Vine